Sunday, November 24, 2013

Life in 2084


This is not an accurate description of what life will hold for us in the year two thousand eighty-four. I am not a biology or technology major. In fact, I hold no major, but I must answer this question that was given to me. I am sure that there will be several hundred technological advances in the year two thousand eighty-four. There will be holographs, electric jet-airliners, and railroads that cross large bodies of water. Thinking positively, people will most likely have longer life spans and there will be vaccines for several of the extremely common and deadly diseases and viruses that people fall victim to every year. Technological and medical advances aside, what exactly do our personal lives in the future hold for us?



In my opinion, I feel that it is humanely impossible for the world to come even remotely close to what it was like in Nineteen Eighty-Four. I simply cannot consider one human putting another through that kind of pain, suffering, and/or depression. I believe that by the year of two thousand eighty-four, people will resolve many of the social issues that are currently plaguing the human race, such as the petty, ever repeating, quarrels that go on between many nations today. This theory came to my mind after I thought about the holocaust and how someone can be so cruel as to try to wipe out entire races of people. After pondering this, I realized that, as humans, we tend to learn from our mistakes and that we rarely see anyone today repeating Adolf Hitler’s actions. 
I think that in the year two thousand eighty-four, we will have learned from our mistakes and thus, will have reached a higher, clearer and more united way of thinking and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment