Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Who is ThePunjabiKid1984 and what are his motives?


Hey everyone! My name's Sunjay and I have made this blog as an assignment for my English 2 class. As stated in the title of this blog, I am a fifteen year-old Punjabi-Indian from Illinois. My motives, however, are to express my feelings, thoughts, and ideals that are current with today's society.  As part of my assignment, I must publish ten total blogs. Four of these ten blogs may be about whatever I choose, one will be an introduction to my blog, and five will be assigned to me by my AMAZING teacher, Mrs. Davis. The five blog-posts that I will be assigned will be related to the book that we are currently reading in my class. This novel was set in 1984 and is about a dystopian London, now called Oceania where the people are always aware of Big Brother who supposedly represents their government and must be careful not to commit "thought-crime" or negative thoughts about the government. Winston, the protagonist, hates Big Brother and wants to overthrow the government but is tricked into trusting a member of the "Inner Party" or someone a part of the government. He is then brainwashed and tortured into "loving" or conforming to Big Brother again. This scary, though somewhat realistic, literary depiction of what the future may hold for the human race was started in nineteen forty-four, finished in nineteen forty-eight, and published around the world in 1949.  

Here are the questions that I will be required to answer (I will post the questions as I receive them daily from the teacher):
·         What will life be like in 2084?
·         Is it possible for everyone to be equal?
·         If I were to rebel against big brother, I would use/need...
·         In the face of fear, there are no heroes. True/False? Explain.


I really do hope that those of you that have scoured the Internet Linked Globe in search of my blog enjoy reading it. Thank you!

1 comment: